posting a text
how would one go about posting a text on here ?
Jim
You'll have to forgive the confusion, on the part of this "Senior Executive Vice President of Bio Gas Technology", about your question.
My first instinct was "copy it, and paste it". Then I though, wait, do you mean "texting the board from your cell phone"?
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:You'll have to forgive the confusion, on the part of this "Senior Executive Vice President of Bio Gas Technology", about your question.
My first instinct was "copy it, and paste it". Then I though, wait, do you mean "texting the board from your cell phone"?

nope a txt. file from my computer. don't know how to cut and paste Nope
jim currie Wrote:nope a txt. file from my computer. don't know how to cut and paste Nope

To copy text from just about anywhere, including a .txt file, do the following:

To copy all the text on a page, place the cursor anywhere and press <Ctrl> and "A" at the same time, all the text will be highlighted. Then while it's still highlighted, press <Ctrl> and "C" to copy it to the pasteboard.
To paste the text anywhere, such as a post here, place the cursor where you want to start the text, then press <Ctrl> and "V". All the text you just copied will appear.

To copy just some of the text, place the cursor at the start of what you want to copy, and while holding down the right mouse key, drag the mouse to the end of the text you want to copy. All the text in between will be highlighted. Then just follow the above instructions to copy and paste.

EDIT: Corrected typo: Changed "P" to "V", which was downright embarrassing. :oops: :oops: Which kinda proves that Mikey isn't the only one around here that has "eodes" 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:
jim currie Wrote:nope a txt. file from my computer. don't know how to cut and paste Nope

To copy text from just about anywhere, including a .txt file, do the following:

To copy all the text on a page, place the cursor anywhere and press <Ctrl> and "A" at the same time, all the text will be highlighted. Then while it's still highlighted, press <Ctrl> and "C" to copy it to the pasteboard.
To paste the text anywhere, such as a post here, place the cursor where you want to start the text, then press <Ctrl> and "P". All the text you just copied will appear.

To copy just some of the text, place the cursor at the start of what you want to copy, and while holding down the right mouse key, drag the mouse to the end of the text you want to copy. All the text in between will be highlighted. Then just follow the above instructions to copy and paste.

Don every time i hit the cntl "p" i get my printer direction page . Jim
Jim, instead of control "P" you need a control "V", or place your cursor where you want to paste and right click which will bring up a menu with the paste command available.
Charlie
OOOPs.... Charlie is right, <Ctrl> V not P. Man, my fingers are way ahead of my brain. I do it so automatically I don't even look. :oops:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Sounds complicated to me. Misngth I simply left click and hold, then drag over whatever I want to copy, highlighting it, then click on "EDIT", then "COPY", then place the cursor where I want the text to appear, click "EDIT", then "PASTE".

Wayne
got it thanks guys Smile
jim