Structure building challenge/contest?
If it's partially assembled, that means that it's not only unfinished, but it's also available for some changes....maybe an add-on, or some re-modelling or extra details, maybe a different paint job.

I have only a couple of unbuilt kit structures, but may not even use them, as a scratchbuild is usually more appealing to me.

Wayne
Hello Wayne,
As per contest rules, I will not qualify because the original kit has already been modified by adding roof details and lighting.
So it cannot be a "Kit Build" or a "Kit Bash" or a "Scratchbuild"

Here is the text I was referring to:

To answer a few questions ahead of time, just by definition:
If you build a structure using Walther's modular parts and it follows one of their pre-defined plans, it is a "kit build"

If you build a structure using Walther's modular parts and you dream up a unique structure, it is "kit bashing"
    "Cosmetic changes" on kit builds can include changes to or additional signage. More extensive changes such as adding roof details or lights takes it out of the realm of the intent of this challenge for kit builds, but not quite into the definition of kit bashing. I suggest these things be added after completing this challenge
    Scratchbuilding means that the basic or major parts of the structure are made from scratch and not kit parts. Small details such as windows, doors, lights, boxes, A/C units and fences to name a few can be from pre-made parts.

Thank you
Serge
tough to figure what  to enter most of my kit bashes are either complete or too far along to be used as most of my scratch builds are in the same state  will have to look in junk box to see if there any thing i can bash or check out plans for scratch .
Jim
I’ve never scratchbuilt anything before but may try my hand at it for this, as I am in particular need of a structure and it is fairly unique.
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
We have a week before the challenge start date.....

Who has decided to enter and what part(s) are you entering?

Reply below so I can get an official list Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I am entering the kitbash challenge. Turning a coaling tower into an ore bin Smile
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I want to enter but I'm not sure if I can find a kit in time, so if worse comes to worse, I'll have to do a scratchbuild. Right now, until the drywall guy finishes, I can't even reach anything, my layout is in two parts and jammed against my workbenches.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I am going to do the structure build part. I just need to decide which kit.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
I dug out  what I had in the way of kits, and I can't consider any of them for this challenge. So, I've decided to build an older version of an Arby's, the kind with a Quonset-type roof. I can't begin until my layout is back where it belongs, which I'm hoping is sometime around the end of next week.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(02-24-2022, 12:48 PM)ezdays Wrote: I dug out  what I had in the way of kits, and I can't consider any of them for this challenge. So, I've decided to build an older version of an Arby's, the kind with a Quonset-type roof. I can't begin until my layout is back where it belongs, which I'm hoping is sometime around the end of next week.

Make sure you you use the old sign.  They remodeled the one by me a few years ago, and was very pleased they kept and refurbished the old sign.  I actually made a point of going in there to tell them I appreciated them keeping the old sign!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
(02-24-2022, 04:18 PM)nachoman Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 12:48 PM)ezdays Wrote: I dug out  what I had in the way of kits, and I can't consider any of them for this challenge. So, I've decided to build an older version of an Arby's, the kind with a Quonset-type roof. I can't begin until my layout is back where it belongs, which I'm hoping is sometime around the end of next week.

Make sure you you use the old sign.  They remodeled the one by me a few years ago, and was very pleased they kept and refurbished the old sign.  I actually made a point of going in there to tell them I appreciated them keeping the old sign!

Yeah, I found a face-on shot of one that I'm going to use with all the wording on it. I think they kept the one on Bell Rd. like that, if that's the one you're talking about. I even saw one with the hat but just "ARBY'S" on it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Wow!!!! Sounds great!!! I'm glad that we have so many participants Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Okay I got it down to two kits. They are small so I may do both of them.

I figure that in the area of the station and the industry folks have got to eat so here are the kits. Photos are easier for me than trying to describe them.

[Image: AM11rNk.jpg]

[Image: 5bVpp2Q.jpg?2]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
I'm doing a scratch build of a potting shed/greenhouse in 1:12 scale of the real one I hope to build in the yard. Does that count (it's already half done)?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Nice ideas!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75