Walthers Mainline F40PH Problem
I need some help. I just purchased two Walther's Mainline Amtrak F40PH locos. The snow plows on them are catching on any joint that is not snug. If there is any gap the plow is catching on the gap. One of the plows actually broke off.  I am using Atlas code 100 track. 

I have never experienced this problem before. No other loco I have has this problem. 

Upon closer inspection it appears the plows are basically riding on top of the rails. There is no clearance between the plow and the rail tops. Has anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

I am trying to see if I can find any photos of the locos without the plows.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Tom, all of the F40 photos I have have a plow.  FRA specs on the height are minimum 2.5 inches over the rail head and no more than 6 inches. First thing I would look at is the shell. It may be too low and if not look at the wheel diameter. If that is OK the options are to either raise the plow (you could remove a little material) or return them. 
Charlie
Charlie the photos I have also show the plows. The shells appear to be sitting properly on the chassis. It looks like I am either moving the plow up or shaving it down some.

I have found out there are several folks out there with the same issue.

I emailed Walther's last night. We'll see if they get back to me.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery
I got an answer to my email to Walthers. File the plows which I did and it appears to solve the problem. I know it is an easy solution and took only about 5 minutes but I don't appreciate having to do a modification to a brand new loco fresh out of the box so that it can run properly.
Tom
My Rail Images Gallery