ezday's scratchbuild 2022 challenge
Applause Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Just about done. Here's where it is now. Paint looks about there, maybe a bit more fill in places, and I have to tone down the lighting a bit, adding another resistor to the LED should do the trick. I can't get to the ones I used without taking to roof off once again. Not going to happen.. What is left of the base will be concrete and I'll add a driveway and parking as soon as I know where it will go on the layout.

The first photo is where I got my inspiration from, current and former Arby's:

Here's the results:

Here's a few views with it lit:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
neat sweet  makes me hungry .
Jim
Looks good but I would be tempted to paint the leading edge of the roof red also.
Mike

(04-03-2022, 07:10 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Looks good but I would be tempted to paint the leading edge of the roof red also.

Thanks guys.... Yeah, I agree. It wasn't until I posted those prototype photos that I realized I did it wrong. After seeing my photos, I also need to fill a few of those corners. The other thing that I don't like is that the glass looks weird when the lights are on, so I still have a few issues to work on.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don,

a heartly Worship and Applause 

Lutz
Can I get two regular and a beef and cheese to go?

Nice job!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
(04-04-2022, 05:09 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Don,

a heartly Worship and Applause 

Lutz

Thank you Lutz, almost there....

(04-04-2022, 11:38 AM)tompm Wrote: Can I get two regular and a beef and cheese to go?

Nice job!

Thanks Tom. Just one problem, supply chain issues with buns and since we just sell sandwiches, we are taking names and will call you as soon as we get some stock. We were promised some for delivery on April 1st, but the joke was on us... Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK, this is it. I still have to plant this structure on my layout, but I'm done with the challenge aspect. I gathered all the subcontractors to finish off the punch list and here's the results:
  • The painters agreed that they screwed up and finished off the leading edge of the roof and touch up a few other spots that they missed.
  • The stucco guys smoothed over a few ugly rough spots that the painters agreed to paint at no extra cost
  • The window guys said that there was some foreign substance on the inside of the glass (they said it looked something like glue Icon_e_surprised ), and were unable to get access without removing the roof (again), so we had to pass on that one.

Here are a few day and a few night shots:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
look's great Don . the photo's almost make forget your in n scale .
Jim
(04-05-2022, 11:30 AM)jim currie Wrote: look's great Don . the photo's almost make forget your in n scale .
Jim

Thank you Jim, there are times that my fingers keep me from forgetting. I just thank the guy that invented mag lights though. Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Nice work Don!
Mike

The roof came out beautifully!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Dang...looks real nice!!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
It took a bit of doing to find an appropriate spot to plant Arby's, but after moving some track, there was room next to Denny's. That seems right since chain restaurants usually hang out near each other. It is there temporarily just to see how it fits, but even then, there appears to be some folks inside taking advantage of it being there. I'm not sure that they realize the none of the kitchen equipment has arrived,Nope only the cash registers have. They may have a long wait to get the orders... Waiting

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and