Duffy's surgery is today
Glad he made it through the surgery.
Still praying for you all....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Glad to hear he is progressing normally. Continued prayers.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
The good new is that they took him off the ventilator about 9:00 last night which means he's able to breath on his own now. He did talk to his doctor and now knows he had a replacement valve. He appears to be on the road to recovery which will take a while.

Thank you all once again for your prayers. I was suppose to see him today, but not if he's still in ICU. Let's hope the rest of this goes according to schedule.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Pat is doing well, he is eating and they are making him walk. Naturally, he is tired. But it's looking good at this point.  Applause 

Prayers do work....Worship Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
So glad to hear this, Don Applause , Thank you for the update! Icon_e_biggrin
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
(03-12-2022, 01:04 PM)ezdays Wrote: Pat is doing well, he is eating and they are making him walk. Naturally, he is tired. But it's looking good at this point.  Applause 

Prayers do work....Worship Worship

the first walk i made after surgery was with 4 nurses three pushing iv stands and one hovering over me 6 hrs. after coming out of recovery  . and yes it was exhausting. tell him it gets easer by the day . 
Jim
(03-11-2022, 01:53 PM)ezdays Wrote: An update. He is out of OR and doing fine. He apparently had the valve replaced, meaning he'll be on Warfarin for life. A small price to pay for how his life will improve after this.

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns, he still has a long road to recovery, so I'll keep you posted when I hear anything.

Don,
I'm glad the operation was a success. I know the Dr. might consider it a routine operation, and that's good, because he knows what he is doing. However, as you said, it isn't routine for the patient, or the family. Anyway, I'm glad the operation is over.
Glad to hear his recovery is going well. As far as being on rat poison (Warfarin) for the rest of his life they had me on that when I was going thru chemo. The good news was there was no side effects whatsoever. Also most insurances cover it so no expense either.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
(03-13-2022, 05:49 AM)Tyson Rayles Wrote: Glad to hear his recovery is going well. As far as being on rat poison (Warfarin) for the rest of his life they had me on that when I was going thru chemo. The good news was there was no side effects whatsoever. Also most insurances cover it so no expense either.

You are right, showing lots of bruises and difficult to stop some bleeding is not difficult to deal with.  I've been on the stuff for around ten years and I told his wife to tell him, it really doesn't change your life that much. I still do the things I used to do, I'm just a bit more careful around sharp things. The big difference is the frequent visits to the doctor's office to be sure your INR is in range.

Thanks again everyone for their prayers and well wishes. I don't have an update from today, but as of yesterday, he was improving, but sleeping a lot. Quite understandable.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Great news Don---please extend our best wishes to Pat.
(03-13-2022, 07:12 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: Great news Don---please extend our best wishes to Pat.
Will do....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
bummer that he's stuck on blood thinners , that must mean they put a mellitic valve in him VA opted for a cow valve for me cost a lot more than metal one  , but no long term medication  , the down side is its only good for 20 to 25 years .
Jim
Did get to see him this afternoon, he's looking great, tired but feeling good. Says that he feels better each time they pull another tube out of him. He only has one or two left. You're probably right Jim, he doesn't know what they used, his wife took all his papers home. While I was there, they moved him out of ICU and into the heart section. The nurse said that he's doing so well, he may go home early. Still a long road to fully recover.

I passed on all your good wishes and concerns, and he was pleased and said that it's nice to have friends like that.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don,
I'm glad to hear he is continuing to progress. My wife has been on Warfarin for about 10 years and it is more like an inconvenience, than a problem. As Tyson said, his levels will have to become stable and once they have an idea of how Warfarin effects him, he will only have to do blood tests approximately once a month. A couple of things to keep in mind. Consumption of green leafy vegetables, should be avoided. The problem is they contain vitamin K, which is a blood thinner. You don't want to be on Warfarin and thin your blood further, by eating green leafy vegetables. Salads should only have Iceberg lettuce. Also, it is important to inform anyone, especially other doctors and dentists, that you are on Warfarin. It must be part of his medical records. Tell him to not fret the small stuff. It really isn't a big deal, if he follows the game plan. Glenn
Glad to hear he's already feeling better Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???