Bottle Holder
Did you ever tip a bottle full of Micro Set?  I did it twice before learning the lesson.

Now I use the cap of a spray can.

Efficient and free
Guy from Southern Quebec.
Where was this about 2 weeks ago? I lost about a third of the bottle.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Guy, that is a fabulous idea and can be used for other small bottles (Like paint).
Can you tell how this solvent compares to the Champ version from years ago?  I am using Walters but I preferred the old Champ. Unfortunately the solvent outlasted the plastic bottle it came in. 
Charlie
Really neat idea. works for a lot of small things. Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks for the tip Guy Thumbsup
Serge
(03-12-2022, 09:13 PM)Charlie B Wrote: Guy, that is a fabulous idea and can be used for other small bottles (Like paint).
Can you tell how this solvent compares to the Champ version from years ago?  I am using Walters but I preferred the old Champ. Unfortunately the solvent outlasted the plastic bottle it came in. 
Charlie

I can’t tell because Microscale products are the only ones I have tried so far.  I know Vallejo makes Decal Fix and Decal Medium which seem to be very good according to reviews.  I like Vallejo paints, particularly the Model Air series for airbrushing.  So I will give a try at those decal solutions in a near future.
Guy from Southern Quebec.
(03-13-2022, 09:43 AM)CNR5103 Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 09:13 PM)Charlie B Wrote: Guy, that is a fabulous idea and can be used for other small bottles (Like paint).
Charlie

I can’t tell because Microscale products are the only ones I have tried so far.  I know Vallejo makes Decal Fix and Decal Medium which seem to be very good according to reviews.  I like Vallejo paints, particularly the Model Air series for airbrushing.  So I will give a try at those decal solutions in a near future.

Guy, Champ in no longer in business, that's why I was wondering how it compared. I have enough Walther's to go to the end of my life so I will continue using what I have. Thanks.
Charlie
I made a bottle holder from a scrap of foam, maybe 6" square. I made holes in it that were a tight fit for the containers -- small bottles and 35mm film canisters (that's how old it is) .
I really needed one for my jar of resin flux. That spilled on some pliers and I can't get them open.

The film canisters usually hold wet water (PollyS thinner) and soapier water for brush cleaner.
For friendly liquid I now use the bottles from eyedrops that give one drop at a time. I've got loads of those.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Hello Guy,

that is a effective solution for an old problem. Applause Thumbsup

Lutz
That's a clever idea. Here I've been drilling holes into blocks of wood to do the same thing.