Train Talk
Not sure how this will go over, but I have been thinking of making a thread like this for awhile now. 

I watch a lot of you tube vids on trains/train stuff, and have no one to talk about it with, or if you have stories train related you would like to pass on, or have rail fanned and want to talk about it, etc. 

Pics are more then welcomed, but not a must. 

I encourage replies to peoples posts, so come on, lets talk!  Icon_e_biggrin  

*********************************************************************************************************************

To start out, I watched todays post from Jawtooth, on youtube, and seen an NS train, the lead engine was an AC4400 I believe, and it had two UP engines behind it, what blew me away was the second engine, a UP, was an SD90/43MAc , WOW! I thought I read about two years ago that UP had retired all the SD90/43MAc's, guess that was 100% wrong, it was really neat to see...cripes, I'm a nerd Misngth
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Hi Deano
         I got this information from wikipedia :
[size=large]As of 2019, some SD90MACs are still in service on the Union Pacific. Norfolk Southern had rostered 110 SD90MAC locomotives purchased or traded from Union Pacific or the CIT Group respectively, that have now all been rebuilt as SD70ACU locomotives. Canadian Pacific has also opted to convert their small fleet of long-stored SD90MACs into SD70ACUs as well.
I have pictures of a lot of them. I took this picture from the bridge in Enon Valley, Pa in 2015.     
Charlie
WOW!!! Thanks so much, Charlie Applause Worship 

I f you seen todays Jawtooth vid, I am pretty sure the engine is still a UP, but it could have been real recently bought I guess, no patches, and every bit of 
'UPness" (ya, I just made that word Misngth ) is all over it. 
I loved those engines, I have a Kato one, I put DCC and sound in, still runs great. I used to see these all the time at Rochelle, here are two pics I took of a couple in Rochelle, many years ago...
[Image: gWiWXdc.jpg]

[Image: YPLbI6y.jpg]

Charlie, Thanks again for the info Worship  Icon_e_biggrin
OK Deano, great idea.

Maybe this fits your criteria, but I'm planning on going up to Durango, CO, soon to ride the Durango & Silverton RR to Silverton and back. I planned going there a good ten years ago but unfortunately, my wife got sick and it wasn't in the cards. I have  a friend that wants to go so we need to do it in the next few weeks before they discontinue steam and the full route. I'm sure many of you have taken this ride, some more than once, so I ask, what's your views on the trip, got anything helpful? What are some of this things I should look out for or ignore along the way? Any suggestions for eating either in Durango or Silverton. Just anything you have to part with to make my trip the best it can be.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don, I am sorry you wasnt able to make the trip as of yet, sometimes way more important things come up then what we would love to do. I would absolutly jump at the chance to go now, if I were you Icon_e_biggrin . Personally, I just totally love those old Mudhens, if I remember right, thats what they have up there. Don, if you go, take TONS of pics!! Icon_e_biggrin

And yes, this topic, and much more is exactly what this thread is about, and remember, its NOT MY THREAD, its OUR Trian Talk thread Goldth  .
I preferred the C&TS railroad. The D&S had a very "tourist railroad" feel while the C&TS felt more like a "real" railroad. I worked for a railroad for 37 years and the C&TS seemed more like a railroad that ran passenger trains.
Yeah, thanks for that reminder. I've read about the C&TS railroad, and agree that it's worth going on. But even though the D&S is primarily set for tourists, I understand that the scenery is worth the trip regardless. Just as long as they don't stop the train because of a holdup. Blaster I've been on the Grand Canyon RR from Williams, and that trip is the destination since there is nothing to see until you hit the Canyon, and yeah, you do get stopped by a bunch of train robbers on the way back.  In any case, I have a chance to get out of this 100+ degree weather for a few days and I'm taking it. Next year I'm hoping it can be the Cumbres & Toltec, only a little earlier than now.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Nothing to see at the Grand Canyon; it's all been washed away.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I dont get much a chance to railfan these days, so I railfan by way of my chair, on YouTube  Misngth .

Anyone else railfan via YouTube? Here are my fav channels to "Railfan" with:

HighIronofWisconsin- UP, WSOR, CP and CN

CP Railfan- this guy lives here in Beloit, you see CP, UP and WSOR

fmnut- this guy has TONS of awesome old vids on so many roads, a lot of Eastern stuff, like the Reading, etc. He even has a couple overseas vids, pretty darn neat.

CNVALLEYSUB- CN, BNSF, UP WSOR, just to name a few.

Jaw Tooth- this guy has a bunch of NS and CSX vids

The Train Hopper- TONS of short old vids of darn near any road imaginable

Milepost 64 Productions- UP, Amtrack, CSX, BNSF, NS and KCS 

Well, those are some of the channels that post REAL train vids that I watch, for inspiration and the like. 

Real curious if you guys do the same, and what channels you watch Icon_e_biggrin
The UP had so many problems with the SD90MAC that it actually figured out that the overall speed of the entire railroad increased if you parked all the SD90MAC's because there was so much less delay due to engine failures.