Friend of Frank Eagles
So this was my friend's other hangout. He was always mentioning you and talking about the trains with us uneducated ones. I met him on rimfire central. He became a great friend would always get me through a bad day. You all know his anniversary is coming up this weekend. In case you didn't know they are having this event in his honor.

Thank you for posting this and welcome to the forum.

Yes, I had been aware that the anniversary is approaching. Frank was a tremendous help to me while I was dealing with the treatments and eventual loss of my wife and has done the same for others here. I mentioned at one point that while traveling i would like to buy him a cup of coffee when I passed through his area. He immediately offer to let me spend the night. He was one of the true heroes of our country.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Thank you so much for posting this, we are proud that Frank chose Big Blue to participate as part of his daily routine. A lot of us met Frank as he traveled the country, an outstanding man who will not be forgotten. Let us all see how we can honor him this Saturday.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(10-13-2022, 07:29 AM)ezdays Wrote: Thank you so much for posting this, we are proud that Frank chose Big Blue to participate as part of his daily routine. A lot of us met Frank as he traveled the country, an outstanding man who will not be forgotten. Let us all see how we can honor him this Saturday.
Do you know if there are any pictures of his train layout on here?
(10-13-2022, 11:07 AM)aztarget Wrote:
(10-13-2022, 07:29 AM)ezdays Wrote: Thank you so much for posting this, we are proud that Frank chose Big Blue to participate as part of his daily routine. A lot of us met Frank as he traveled the country, an outstanding man who will not be forgotten. Let us all see how we can honor him this Saturday.
That's one thing that Frank never did, post photos. He talked frequently here in the Hobo's Camp thread, but never post anything about his layout. We have a tribute forum for those of our "fallen flag" members, and if we could get a few photos, we'd post them there, so if you find some, let us know please...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(10-13-2022, 11:20 AM)ezdays Wrote:
(10-13-2022, 11:07 AM)aztarget Wrote:
That's one thing that Frank never did, post photos. He talked frequently here in the Hobo's Camp thread, but never post anything about his layout. We have a tribute forum for those of our "fallen flag" members, and if we could get a few photos, we'd post them there, so if you find some, let us know please...
I am still in contact with his daughter. I will ask her if there are any.
(10-13-2022, 11:26 AM)aztarget Wrote: I am still in contact with his daughter. I will ask her if there are any.

Thanks, we have a sub-forum here and this is where we'd post them. You are welcome to do that, or send them to either me or Mikey and we can do it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and