Weekly Photo Fun 10/14 - 10/20/22
Caught WPMA-19 working Absegami Plastics.  After making a few see-saw moves, the engineer is having a few words with the conductor.

TRULY, a Fantastic pic, Bruce Applause Applause , GREAT start for this week! Icon_e_biggrin

I have a Veranda Gas Turbine for this weeks thread Goldth ...
[Image: lX8xoQN.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
It's always a treat when I have a chance to visit Doctor Wayne.

[Image: 52423251207_b4060366d6_k.jpg]P1480031 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr

[Image: 52423240997_7746ae2e24_k.jpg]P1480023 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Back home on the Leetown Division

[Image: 52427615575_955b18270f_k.jpg]P1480082 by Ed Creechan, on Flickr
Well, inspired by Charlie's shot of a locomotive in 1976....my Erie Lackawanna SD-45 will never be the same...  Most railroads would abhor locomotives in this condition.  1976 on Conrail?  Just another day running through White Haven, PA...

Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Great start everyone. Todd, that EL unit is exactly the way I remember them (I didn't show you the one with a door laying on the hand railing)  Icon_e_biggrin
My contribution a pair of K4 Pacifics coming down grade with a passenger train while a Hippo in helper service is running light to the bottom of the hill so he can help another train up the grade.     
Charlie
Bruce - As always a great scene

Deano - That was awesome looking beast.

Ed - Doctorwayne's layout is incredible. Is that an LNE hopper? A little far from home. Leetown is another great place.

TMo - That loco sure has some hard miles on it.

Charlie - Busy day on the curve with some great looking locos.

This week we have a transition era moment. Jersey Central 2-6-0 Mogul (IHC) brings a local commuter into the station as a brand spanking new F3A (Athearn Genesis) rolls by.

[Image: MvvoSHa.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Extra 3254 heads south across the Desjardin Canal

My homage to one of the greats....

I read a one-page article in Model Railroader magazine in 1996 by Bill Henderson on the "The Almost-flat hill" (I scanned the article and it resides on my website at the bottom of my links page: https://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows/links).  It's subtitled "Tricks for building scenery where there's no room for it".  

It's a pretty funny story and a good quick read, but the thing that stuck in my brain was the genius of it. 15 years later I had a similar problem.  There's a corner in my room that runs really close to the tracks - I have backdrop up, but I wanted a seamless group of hills like you get running in the bottom of the gorge.  Got to thinking about that article and spent the afternoon trying to find it (if you have a stack of old Model Railroader's you know how a quick search for an article becomes an afternoon of reading and looking at great pictures.

Found a piece of posterboard and painted it dark green and then took Bill's advice.  Popped a beer and started by spreading painted polyfil fiber and then hit it with some dark colors of spray paint on the lower regions, uppers in lighter colors and then hit the drying polyfil with a variety of leftover scenic elements (ground foam in a bunch of different colors, remains of trees, leaves, etc.)

My own "almost-flat hill" fits right in with the rest of the scenery and unless I tell someone, they really don't realize that I used a different technique to create it.

So, today's donation to "Weekly Photo Fun" is my homage to Bill Henderson.  My "Almost Flat Hill" is between the rock in front of the green GP39-2 and the tail end of the 2nd RS-36.  Total distance from the backdrop there for any scenic element is less than 1 inch. Thought I'd share the tip I stole...  Remember, you can actually put scenery where there's no room for it!

Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows