Weekly Photo Fun 12/9 - 12/15/22
I recently acquired some trains that were in my friends collection when he died and I have discovered that it is more fun when you diversify your modeling. 
I worked on a railroad and I loved it, but it was work however and there were rules, Model railroading is more enjoyable when it is done for fun, 
I see no problem running a Thomas train or any other item that pleases me and I can change time frames at will, 
Here is a picture of a 3 truck Shay crossing Morris Trestle.     
Charlie
Thanks for starting off this week's WPF thread Charlie and your perspective on the joy of model railroading---it's our own little world and whatever pleases us is up to you as an individual---enjoy and have fun is the real goal.My own Leetown Division never existed in reality but for me it does---it's a place of peace where I can escape from all the negativity of the real world---for me a visit to the train room always seems to make me feel better.

Good point, Charlie.  There is so much room for creativity and imagination in our hobby.  I loosely model a section of an actual railroad and an actual timeframe, but there are tremendous gaps in what I know about that place and time. I also make decisions on what I model KNOWING that I'm violating history - and I'm good with that.  I'm sure there are snobby types out there who point out "what's wrong" with X, Y and Z, or who don't see value in doing X, Y or Z, but they aren't me.  In here, I make the rules - and that's what's great about this hobby.

This week's installment takes us to Berwick Street in White Haven to some homeowners who take pride in thinking a bit outside the box.  A pink Victorian with some awesome details.

Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Great shots and modeling Charlie, Ed and TMo.

Dock Streets leased MP15AC working City Supply.

Bruce

Charlie - That is a great looking shay. I agree wholeheartedly with you about running different eras and trains on the layout. Sometimes I feel like steam, other times early diesels, and once in awhile the trains I grew up with.

Ed - That is a great shot. The added smoke makes it even better.

TMo - I really enjoy seeing a detailed model such as you have. I also like the wall in front of the house . Seen many like that during my days with PennDOT.

Bruce - Great to see another industrial scene and locomotive. How many industries do you serve on your layout?

Before I went on my cruise I ran my new Bachmann Spectrum K4. In my model world it was assigned the Atlantic City run thusly it pulled four Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines P70 coaches (Broadway Limited)

[Image: poCWjWS.jpg]

[Image: CWK1Pmz.jpg]

[Image: jGFe4rv.jpg]

[Image: MFxYaWX.jpg]

[Image: Y6H2HvB.jpg]

And here is a video of the run by

https://youtu.be/P4lm3j8AfU4
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Hello,

the new LED light bars made it possible to view all the fine details with this Bowser ALCo RS-3:
[Image: dsc06511ymd5h.jpg]
Grand Trunk #1861 is switching the industrial district of Flats.

Lutz