Weekly Photo Fun 12/30 - 1/6/23
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Applause

Well, after seeing how awesome Bruce's pics look every week, I took a page from his book, and updated my photoshop, its amazing how much better a pic can look just by putting a sky in it...
[Image: 6iEtiee.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Deano---it's good to see you back on track---that's a great picture you posted and certainly a hard act to follow.I want to thank everyone on Big Blue whose contributions throughout the year have certainly helped me to temporarily forget about the negativity that filled 2022---I hope 2023 brings peace,good health and happiness to us all.Here's a picture of my "happy place" where life is always good. 

Another year ends and another begins.  Thought I'd include this shot for more motivation - I keep talking about this area of my layout as the next to receive the full scenery treatment after Mud Run's done.  I did the same thing with a shot across the Mud Run bridge back in the early fall. Hopefully 2023 sees completion of the gorge below bridge level. The Apollo (now a Delaware and Hudson responsibility) heads across the former Jersey Central mainline and over the White Haven RR bridge led by former Reading power.

Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Deano - That is an amazing photo. I may need to invest in Photoshop.

Ed - I have to agree with you about Big Blue and how it has helped to keep my sanity in these troubling times. Like you I hope 2023 is better. I truly like your "happy place" photo.

Todd - Great shot and scenery.

Over the past few years I have acquired several new locomotives. Due to the funk I allowed myself to get in over things happening I cannot control I let them lie unopened and untested. Because of the Weekly Photo threads I have been motivated the last few months to finally dust off and open the boxes and let the locos loose. Hopefully in 2023 I will continue to use what I see and read here to keep my motivation high and run trains and work on the layout. With all that said onto the photo.

Western Maryland F3A locos (Athearn Genesis) in the circus paint scheme lead a coal drag past an B&O RDC (Proto 1000) at Leiperville Union Station.

[Image: FeZPvis.jpg]

If all goes well this weekend I will get a run by done and post it. One item I need to address is changing the McHenry couples to Kadee couples. It annoys me that such a high end loco has low end crappy couplers.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Deano that's a great looking shot to end the last WPF of the year.  Ed. Tom and TMo, again, nice shots. 
I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to participate in this thread and keeping it active.
WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

WPMA-40 flags a crossing going into the piers.

Bruce

Fellows, this is the best start for this thread in a long while. I hope the participation keeps increasing. Great photos everyone. My contribution is meager in comparison but I will try to add as the week goes on.     
Charlie
Bruce - another great shot. I feel like I can hear the motor rumbling.

Charlie - Cool shot with a lot of action. A good layout is not just about the trains. There are other things going on in the town. BTW what make of model is the bus?

Originally I was going to leave this shot for Tail End Tuesday but I think it is such a great shot I can' wait. I feel it maybe one the best model photos I have taken in quite awhile.

[Image: uS0UHAn.jpg]

Who knows I may repost it on Tuesday.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
That is a great shot Tom---your Athearn Genesis diesels sure are beauties even with those faulty couplers---your picture inspired me to post this shot on the Leetown Division where it's buisness as usual on the first day on the new year.

GERNcrete is 3% harder and stronger 3% faster curing too     
Charlie
Thanks so much for the comments, Guys Icon_e_biggrin

Charlie, I love your GERN boxcar Applause , I made one a few years back, its a bit more modern to fit my layouts time frame though...
[Image: gnIfsCI.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Train 421 east has just passed the Leanne Station and is about to start up the Stoney Creek Hill. 

(01-01-2023, 07:33 PM)UP SD40-2 Wrote: Thanks so much for the comments, Guys Icon_e_biggrin

Charlie, I love your GERN boxcar Applause , I made one a few years back, its a bit more modern to fit my layouts time frame though...
[Image: gnIfsCI.jpg]

Charlie & Deano,

Would like to know more about your GERN boxcars.  They look great!
Since I am colorblind to tertiary colors, I'd like to know what color you used for them (greyish green?)

Also, it looks like you made your own decals?
What font did you use for "GERN"?
--Hillyard
Hillyard, I think I used Times New Roman for my font and the car I did was gray oxide primer covered with Dullcoat. 
Charlie