Walthers Work Flat
Working my ay through a number of projects that I've left unfinished for the past year or so. I bought a Walthers Work flat kit at a swap meet last year. I already had one that was built stock:

But I wanted to up the new ones game a bit.

I replaced the cat-in corner grabs with wire, then I weathered the deck with a series of grays, tans and washes. 

I painted the rest on the car in boxcar red and gave it a single number since it's for my logging line. I still used the original gondola sides but I weathered and painted them.
I found the car was a bit on the light side so I used some stick-on weights and hid them under a stack on ties.

After that I replaced the cast coal/ gravel pile with woodland scenics ballast, The plastic barrels with some wood kegs of spikes, and some hand tools.

It needs it's final weathering yet.
Very nicely done. A great addition to your fleet. It looks like it is right at home.  That's a good idea hiding the weight under ties, you could hide some in the ballast as well. 
Charlie
Looking good!
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks guys. I'm waiting to finish two other rolling stock projects before I add the weathing to the flat. Coming soon.
I finished off the work flat this evening:

A mix of several weather paints and a bit of dry brushing to put some miles on it.

I faded out the number lettering with some polly-s dirt. The trucks are taken aparts and weathered, then reassembled on the car for the final touches.

I added both standard gauge and narrow gauge ties to the car since my logging RR runs both gauges.
Great looking flat! Nice job.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
I really like that….I didn’t know there was a kit available now. I scratchbuilt one about 10 years ago…I’ll tryand find a pic of it.