Interaction Hobbies Firefly Houseboat
Thank you. I would caution that this is probably one of the most challenging kits that I've built, so if you are looking at getting it, prepare yourself.

That being said, now that I finished the santa's Workshop kit. I went back to finish this one. I had planned to get this project done so I could give it to my friend for Christmas, but instead I gave it to him on Boxing day (Canadian holiday on Dec 26th)

When I last left off I had just assmebled the basic shape of the hot tub. I then painted the interior a medium blue and cut out all the overlays to the tub.

And with all the overlays applied. This is where things started to get easier. The hot tub fits into some slots in the rear upper deck and it's rear overlay covers the gap between the first floot ceiling and the second floor deck.

I also added the trim to the front of the dashboard, hiding the gap, and the two side benches. 

Then the driver's bench went together, and the steering wheel and control panel. 

Then the real challeng of the day, the Bimini top. There are six parts to the framework. If you are building this yourself, pay very close attention to the instructions as some of the parts look alike but they are not. I glued the framework together with thin CA so it would set up quickly.

After that set up I applied white glue to the top surface of the framework,

and applied the tissue paper to the top When that was set I soaked the tissue in diluted matt medium to stiffen it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interaction Hobbies Firefly Houseboat - by cnrglen - 12-26-2023, 05:51 PM