A Big Blue Story - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: A Big Blue Story (/showthread.php?tid=4519)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: A Big Blue Story - Tyson Rayles - 11-02-2011

it was a non working relic of the past, put on display next to a now boarded up depot sitting next to a trackless right-of-way. Both the depot and the old steam locomotive showed not only signs of years of being left in the elements but had been heavily vandalized as well. In short they were in the same shape his career as a stuntman was. He realized he had to stop all this day dreaming and aimless wanderering around and find a new career, but what else could he do? Seems like other contributors to this story don't want him to work as a rodeo clown so what does that leave him? Crash test dummy? Would you like fries with that? Paper or plastic? Maybe if he went to a third world country where they still have steam locos and few laws! Countries like Bolivia, Costa Rica, Peru, Belize or even

Re: A Big Blue Story - yellowlynn - 11-02-2011

Lower Slobberbovia. Could he hitch-hike there? No! The tracks were in the way. Tunnel? Yes, tunnel as far as,,,,,,,,,

Re: A Big Blue Story - ezdays - 11-02-2011

Upper Slobberbovia, that's as far as they got with the tunnel. He'd have to catch a ride on the "one track". Unlike a monorail, that's a local line that they only had half the budget to build so they only got the one track finished before they ran out of money.You guessed it, all the wheels are on one side of the cars and engine and they really have to have a balance load by leaning towards one side of the other depending on which way they're going. We're told that nobody sits next to the fat lady just in case they roll over, which they frequently do. Eek Undaunted, and anxious to get to Lower Slobberbovia, our hero buys a ticket and waits to board, but boarding is difficult at best with only wheels on one side of the train, so he...

Re: A Big Blue Story - ngauger - 11-02-2011

Waits at the terminal to see when the next train comes along... You guessed it, the train that does come foirst is going the wrong way on a onw track rail Smile

He nods to the enginneer as the front of the tran goes by. then recognition sets in!!

The engineer is:

Re: A Big Blue Story - Sumpter250 - 11-02-2011

A PINK RABBIT !!!!
As he turns to run, his coat is caught by the trains mail hook, and he is carried off to -----

...the nearest US Postal Service sorting center. He gets jiggled a bit, rolled over, stamped, canceled and sorted. He rides the various conveyor belts that dumps him into a large box marked, "guaranteed deliver by Christmas". Well hey, "that's almost two months off, what do I do in the meantime" he thinks, when he spots a Starbucks across the street and has an idea. If only...

Re: A Big Blue Story - Sumpter250 - 11-02-2011

..........and then reality sets in, and he thinks --- I've been jiggled a bit, rolled over, stamped, canceled and sorted, ridden the various conveyor belts that dumped me into a large box marked, "guaranteed deliver by Christmas" !!!! I don't know where I've been addressed to, and I'm in a package!! in the POST OFFICE !!!!! Eek and it's the Christmas season !!!! Eek :o Confusedhock: Eek .......and......if they stamped the package "FRAGILE" -----I'll be ..................

Re: A Big Blue Story - Running Bear - 11-02-2011

thrown, kicked and knocked around like a football before getting smashed under something!

but then there's that Starbucks across the street. He wondered if he could only change his address label to that Starbucks, they'd get him out of there and maybe, just maybe he could get a triple-dipple, mocha espresso, frappiccino latte with just a hint of whipped cream on top, and one of those, Blueberry Streusel Muffins that he so dearly missed. He was able to get his spyglass out of the hidden compartment in his right shoe and learned the address of the Starbucks. Although his arms were bound by shipping cord and Scotch Tape, he still was able to reach for his pencil with his mouth and scribble the new address in his mailing label. Just in time, here comes...

Re: A Big Blue Story - Steamtrains - 11-03-2011

...the mail sorter who trips over this humongous, badly wrapped package, and realizes it's addressed for the Starbucks across the street, so he just dumps it trackside, and....

Re: A Big Blue Story - Tyson Rayles - 11-03-2011

being it is addressed for across the street the train crew leaves it there and head down the line. A stray dog comes by sniffs it and lifts his leg. Can't blame the dog, remember our hero hasn't had time to bath in days now and probably smells worse than road kill. With the very rank smelling package now sitting in this yellow puddle everybody justs keeps walking around it, nobody wanting to touch it. The station agent finally decides the best thing to do is burn it right where it sits! He pours kerosene over it then

Re: A Big Blue Story - ezdays - 11-03-2011

...A booming voice is heard from the sky, DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!. Taken back by this, the agent steps back and trips on someone's suitcase and hits his head on a post where there's a lantern hooked on a nail. He hit the post so hard that he is rendered unconscious and in the process, knocks the lantern off the hook. Well, here is our hero, doused in kerosene and a lit lantern rolling about on the floor nearby. "What to do before I become a human marshmallow" he thinks, then he realizes....

Re: A Big Blue Story - Running Bear - 11-03-2011

that the lantern is a battery powered fluorescent model. No flame.

Re: A Big Blue Story - Ralph - 11-03-2011

....which is a very happy thing...and then he also realizes that the loud booming voice that startled the agent could be some one who might help him out of this mess! Looking up through a hole in the top of the box that he chewed through with his teeth, he sees that the voice belongs to....

Re: A Big Blue Story - e-paw - 11-03-2011

Santa clause,, Who then....