Ezday's 2012 resolution challenge
Well, I was thinking a bit about my own situation when I decided to start this challenge. I won't say that I'm a procrastinator, but it's been longer than I hate to admit that I started redoing about one-half of my layout. I wasn't happy with two attempts and so I stripped it back down to the foam for the third time and started fresh. I'm not sure if it was complacency, laziness or just burn-out, but in the past two years, I've done little on it. Yeah, I can probably look to a few health issues that kept me distracted and usually too tired to do much of anything, but then I need to rise above this and so this challenge is the incentive that should get things going once again.

As you can see by the pictures, the trackwork is in, but not ready to run anything just yet. I've got some basic work yet to do, nothing fancy, but at a minimum, I need to get my trackwork completed so I can start on my scenery. My resolution is to finish the trackwork up to and including ballasting. That will include installing all the ground throws, complete soldering the joints and wiring the track for DC (with the option of going DCC). The wiring you see underneath is old wiring that needs to be taken out. I will have the trackwork completely ballasted and be able to run trains between the two sections of my layout (a major step). I may even have time to do some work on my cityscape scenery, but that will be a bonus.

What surprised me more than anything is the date on my layout schematic, I drew that up over three years ago. :oops: They say, the older you get, the faster time goes by, and this is proof of that. :o It is the layout on the left side of the sheet that I need to work on.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread