What are your other hobbies?
csiguy68 Wrote:i really like scuba diving. its one of the most relaxing sports i ever did. i also enjoy target shooting aas well and i plan on trying skydiving this year too.

todd
I know exactley what you mean Todd, a couple years back we went for a trip to cauracca ( pronounced careacell) and I took the scuba course and loved it then 3 weeks later we went for a trip to Cozomel and I did the open water course and did some drift diving.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
I too enjoy scuba diving...although it is not my hobby, it is my profession...if you ever get the chance, you should go to Bonne Terre, MO (1 hr. south of St. Louis). It is an old abandoned lead ore mine with crystal clear (cold) water. The last time I was there, I found an old narrow gauge steam loco laying on its side. I hope to get back and explore sometime. As for me, my other hobby is golf...wish golf was my profe$$ion and scuba was my hobby. I think either Ralph or Brakie are scuba divers as well......
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
wgrider Wrote:
iis612 Wrote:Beleive it or not, I am an accomplished musician. I used to be the lead vocalist in a country band called "Northern Boy Blues". We did record an album, good luck finding one. I play guitar, and I LOVE hockey. I played for over 20 years.
I also like building model cars, but that has been long dormant. I am also a "Gearhead" at heart. I love classic power, and home made drag cars. Pro-street 1/4 milers. I have built and raced 10 so far.
I also write, even though I have horrible grammar. I have at least 10 completed screen plays and 5 novel manuscripts sitting around.

Matt
ya but can you whistle? Icon_lol

Suprisingly, no. Cheers
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
Lets see, I have several hobbies, but I prefer to call them money pits. I go into phases, and therfore havent done anything to the layout in a while. I have, the model railroading (obviously), woodworking (not enough room for a nice setup therefor cant do much), I collect construction and farming models, and as of the last year, Ive REALLY grown to like working on my truck. Never had much interest in working on vehicles, but after I got my truck last year, (1996 Chevy Cheyenne 3/4 ton with a mean little 305), and it had a problem, I picked up some tools fixed it, and now I love working on it. Im kinda turning it into a 2wd offroader. Ive already installed a lift, and Im gonna run 315's for tires.
I like bicycles. I have a Cannondale Prophet for a MTB, a Kona Deluxe for a Road Bike and a chromo steel single speed for booting around town.

I also do some doodling in may spare time...
[Image: drawing1.jpg]
Icon_lol no actually i cant whistle at all. i have no and i mean no type of musical talent.
id love to dive in nice clear water someday! so far i have only dove in the rivers and quarries around here. so far i made it to advanced open water diver through PADI. not that it means anything, but was fun going through the courses to get it. the deep dive was awsome.

todd
Nice Drawing tetters!!! I like that type of fantasy art!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
The Big Three:
- Model Railroading (more broadly, trains)
- Motorcycling (SV650)
- Shooting sports

Lynn and Tom, you've got good taste!

Conrail Mike, you've outed yourself for shameless photo-related queries. I know enough to be a real pest, but not enough to prevent the question to begin with!

Icon_lol

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
That's some serious doodling, tetters...
Live steam...

[Image: run3-1.jpg]

[Image: th_TE1aII.jpg]
...prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits...

My blog>>> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com">http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Model railroading is one of my lesser hobbies. I'm am foremost a student of railroad operations and photography and secondly a student of post-World War II railroad history. Somewhere after those, along with collecting employee timetables, transit journalism, and trolling Internet forums, I'm also a model railroader.

Outside of the railroad realm I'm also interested in photography, travel, cooking, anime/manga, and Japanese culture.
That steamer is cool Shay. Neat stuff. Thumbsup
You could almost say flying is my other hobby - except it's also my career. I once had an old grizzled pilot tell me that when flying becomes "work"...it's time to walk away. So it's still fun, interesting, challanging, and what pays the bills and provides the cash for my other hobby - model RRing. There's pilots who would rather be doing something else besides flying, and they're no fun to spend a week on the road with...and it shows in their skills. Then they're other guys who enjoy the whole flying experience, the challange of doing everything exactly right, and providing that "perfect" flying experience for all on board. Those are the guys you want to fly with and emulate. My idea of a "great" flight is one where you'd never guess you ever left the ground. You don't feel the takeoff, no turbulence, no g's from the turns, and the landing is baby smooth. That's the kind of ride I want to provide.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
With my wife and I both working full time, the majority of our spare time goes into raising our three kids. Everything else in life takes a backseat to them. As many of you know, raising children takes A LOT of work, but I really feel that you get so much more back from them for all the time you put into your kids. I love my kids to death, and love spending time with them.

So, with what time I have left, I like to read books, bicycle ride, play video games with my boys, tinker with my model trains, and some day, I will get back to work on my 1965 Mustang. I haven't spent a lot of time working on it (or driving it) for the past couple years. I bought this car when I was 15 years old - it was the first car I ever bought. Pics of the car (all dusty from sitting) are attached.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

"Trust everyone, and always cut the cards".
W.C. Fields
That is a sweet mustang. I wish I still had my first car. 1976 grand prix. I put an Olds 403, with a dual plane edelbrock intake, Holly 650, isky cam, headers to straight pipes, in it.
Nostalgia.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.