E-paw's duff challenge for 2013
What more can I say that hasn't been said? Impressive work. I think this challenge has brought out the best work in many people, including these... Worship Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Very nice work, Steve. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Those are awesome looking locos and I love the use of the blue flags as well !
Cheers Thumbsup Worship Cheers Thumbsup Worship Cheers Thumbsup Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
With the nicer weather I was a to go out into the garage and do some weathering on the two camelbacks. And with the even nicer weather today I was able to take them outside for a few pics.

Just pay no attention to the out of scale house and the almost visible swing set in the background. Wink    

Now it's time for windows, coal, and crew..This build is almost complete.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Amazing!!!! Simply amazing!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Steve---I've never thought of camel-backs as being beautiful locomotives---until now Confusedhock: .Amazing workmanship Worship
My friend Ed's got it right: beautiful job, Steve. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
Steve!
That is an excellent job you have done. Thumbsup
Turning two common models into two unique examples of real workmanship. Worship

Lutz
Steve, great job! And nice pictures!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
What everybody else has said - - - and,
This has been a beautifully done project
Worship Worship Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I have added all of the finishing touches to the models and I am very happy with the way they have come out. I'll show you what I have added.

I scratched a few tools for the firemen from brass wire and sheet stock. These will be added around the tender, now that I have glued down some crushed up anthracite over the foam inserts, that make the basic shape of the coal load.    

And the creews have been added.    

Here is another pic of a crew member, this time it's the head end brakeman hitching a ride in the cab of 412. I seam to have a smudge in my camera lens. It's a spot that shows in the frame in the bunch of my shots, in the last pic it just above the brakeman's window.    

Here is a pic of the head end if the two camels. I used Testers clear plastic cement to fill-in the head lights and tender lights.     I also used it to attach the clear plastic that I used to fill in the cab windows.
Here are a few shots of the 2-10-0's working away in AT yard in Allentown PA.        

Just pretend there are "Trees" covering the blank mountain in the background. Big Grin

They can also be seen working around the round house just south of Easton.    
Just too good for words....

You gotta be feeling like a million bucks just about now.... 2285_
Gus (LC&P).
Thanks Steamtrains, I've got a few more shots at the roundhouse..    

Here #412 waits for sister # 434 to clear the turntable bridge so that she can take a spin.     this pic also shows another project that I have to get to. The smaller tree stall engine house on the left still has molded color plastic look from the stock kit. It really needs some paint so that it matches the larger one on the right.