Poll: Where would you like to hold our day trip for Big Blue members?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Jim Thorpe, Pa.
35.71%
5 35.71%
Steamtown, Scranton, Pa.
50.00%
7 50.00%
Strasburg, Pa.
14.29%
2 14.29%
Other (please specify in a separate post in this thread)
0%
0 0%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Day trip for Gauge members
ngauger Wrote:DANG!!! That .60 would have paid a toll on the way there!! Confusedtooges:
My garmin is set to skip tolls Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:DANG!!! That .60 would have paid a toll on the way there!! Confusedtooges:
My garmin is set to skip tolls Icon_lol
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Mine is set to "Fastest Route" LOL It takes me anywhere thet there's a road.... and a Geotrail Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
When I first spoke with them the told me they had a "great discount" for groups, give us a head count and we'll give you a quote. To say the least I'm not exactly impressed with 5%. I have not heard back from the #9 mine yet, hope there deal is better. Nope
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Would a trip to Steam Town be out of the question?? I visited their website, and was greatly impressed!! MR also sent me a DVD entitled "Dream, Plan, Build." It has a neat article about Steam Town. My beautiful wife said she would like to see it, too.
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
I heard back from the #9 mine and at this time they do not have a group discount. As for changing the trip to steam town, I feel that is some thing that we should vote on.
I was at Steamtown last Fall, on a pretty crummy (weather-wise) day. I spent a good part of the day there, and saw only one other visitor. The upside of this was that the tour guide had lots of time for us, giving us, in addition to the usual routine tour, a trip through the shop area, where we got to see some "behind the scenes" restoration work. I also got to see, first-hand, a Coffin feedwater heater, and was able to get some answers to a photo mystery about these appliances that had been puzzling me for some time. If the weather is nice, allowing more inspection of the outdoor exhibits, I'm not sure that a day would be sufficient time to see everything of interest and still allow us to get acquainted with one another other, too.
Of course, you're not required to stick with the guides, and can wander around pretty-much anywhere that's not "off-limits". I'm game for this one, too, as Mister Nutbar had also mentioned visiting there again.

Strasburg and the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, located across the road from each other, could be another possible venue for our get-together.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:I was at Steamtown last Fall, on a pretty crummy (weather-wise) day. I spent a good part of the day there, and saw only one other visitor. The upside of this was that the tour guide had lots of time for us, giving us, in addition to the usual routine tour, a trip through the shop area, where we got to see some "behind the scenes" restoration work.
They actually show off the shop area on the weekends a lot, since there less people working
Tom

Model Conrail

This was on a weekday, but there probably weren't more than 12 or 15 people working, at least that I saw.

I hope that we can finalise the decision on where we're going, though. Mister Nutbar and I are leaving for Pennsylvania early, as we have some other sights to see. A last-minute change of venue after we're already on the road means that we'll end up in the wrong place. Icon_lol Misngth

Wayne
Can some one set up a pole so we can have an official decision on where we are going, I tried but I'm not so good at such things 35 . We only have about a month to go, Thanks.
I've added a poll, with four choices: Jim Thorpe, Steamtown, Strasburg, and "Other". I can add destinations if you choose "Other", and I've set-up the poll so that you can vote for as many of the choices as you wish. If anybody has suggestions, either for destinations or for a change to the poll itself, let me know. I can also alter the poll so that you can change your vote, too. Voting is currently open for 30 days from today. Comments and/or suggestions are welcomed.

Wayne
That's perfect Wayne, thanks a lot . That's a lot better than I could have dun.
I go with the consensus, since I haven't been to no. 9 mine 8-)
Tom

Model Conrail

Wow , steamtown is gaining fast @ 40%
Tom

Model Conrail

doctorwayne Wrote:I've added a poll, with four choices: Jim Thorpe, Steamtown, Strasburg, and "Other". I can add destinations if you choose "Other", and I've set-up the poll so that you can vote for as many of the choices as you wish. If anybody has suggestions, either for destinations or for a change to the poll itself, let me know. I can also alter the poll so that you can change your vote, too. Voting is currently open for 30 days from today. Comments and/or suggestions are welcomed.

Wayne
Well, you could all come here, I just had 250 new ties delivered and I would be more than happy to show you fellows how to install them. Icon_lol
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Well, you could all come here, I just had 250 new ties delivered and I would be more than happy to show you fellows how to install them. Icon_lol
Charlie

Mister Nutbar and I will bring our work boots, Charlie, when we come to visit after the day trip. Wink Goldth

Wayne