Our 2014 three-way structure challenge
That's a mighty fine structure you built! Worship Worship Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
That is a great cement plant. It is very good you used all the space for one industry only.
Beside the industry do I like your ground cover. It is the perfect blend of brown and green colors.
Reinhard
I'm in for the KITBUILD Challenge Don..
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
OK, we have three people entering, one in each category. It's still early, but I'm hoping that we see a few more before the start of this challenge. I'm like the rest of you, I want to enter, but I'm not sure yet what project, or projects that I'm going to do. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
There is one thing I've been thinking of adding to the "Seaport Village scene", a "Lobster Pound".
This would be an "in water" live storage area, for Lobsters that have been harvested, and not yet sold. In this shot of the Lobster man's shack, and walkway/dock:

The pound would be located to the right of the shack, and would be a set of floating walkways with the Lobster storage areas between them. It would be a "structure" ( mostly under water, but a structure none the less )

Eek Once "Phantom" is completed Wink , I need to rig that Lobster sloop ! :o :o

So ! Unless there is a problem with this "structure"..... it will be my Scratch Build Challenge.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Quote:So ! Unless there is a problem with this "structure"..... it will be my Scratch Build Challenge.

Gotcha on the list Pete.... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I have what might be a silly idea, but I bought a plastic box from Michael's arts and crafts store for a dollar a couple of years ago thinking it would make a good starting point as a switch tower.

Shown here with a Model Power tower to show the relative size..
[Image: 003_zps68fd37e8.jpg]

I'm thinking of using some brick paper or other covering along with commercially available windows, and doors to create something like this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pcrrhs.org/sites/default/files/bradford_0.jpg">http://www.pcrrhs.org/sites/default/fil ... ford_0.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Ralph, that looks ever bit of a scratchbuild, so should I put you on the list?

BTW, neat idea....... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Yes please.
Ralph Wrote:Yes please.

I thought so, you are on the list. So far we've go five entries. I'm sure a lot of you, like myself, still don't know what they're going to do. Time flies, and sometimes, even three months isn't enough time.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Question...I'll be building from a kit, but instead of adding to it, I'll actually be leaving some features out. Is this a kitbuild or a kitbash..??
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Question...I'll be building from a kit, but instead of adding to it, I'll actually be leaving some features out. Is this a kitbuild or a kitbash..??

By the rules definition, a kitbuild is to make it just like the box shows with just cosmetic changes, and a kitbash is to, "Take any structure kit and make it into something different"....I weigh more in calling this a kitbash since leaving parts out isn't like the picture on the box shows.

Shall I sign you up for a kitbash? Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK...We'll do a kitbash...Sign me up..!!
Gus (LC&P).
The list is up to date now. Smile
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK,

a quick question, if you have a structure kit in HO but want to build one in a larger scale but loosely based on the on the kit is that the same as building from a picture? And no I will not use a hi-tech tool such as a 3D printer it would be an unfair advantage.

If this would be scratch building I will give it a try Smile