Juneco Two stall enginehouse
Well I colored the walls over the past couple days:

I started with staining the outer walls with an alcohol and india ink stain to weather it.

Then I brush painted the walls with Depot Buff. Not enough to fully cover the staining in places. I want the look of a weathered industrial building. 
I also took some time and airbrushed all the windows and doors in Boxcar red.

A painted wall with the doors and windows loosely fitted. I wasn't completely sold on the color choice I had made at first. I had briefly considered just airbrushing all the walls in boxcar red to match the windows.
I definitely think the red windows on normal wood looks excellent
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda
Nice progress. The windows and doors look great.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Thanks. I think the color combination has grown on me so I'll keep it. I do think I should tone down/ weather the window and doors a bit though, probably drybrushing a lighter color would work.
Well this past week was a case of two steps forward, one step back. 
I started by staining the inside walls using testors stainFX pine:

Then I started to install the window and doors. I found that they were a bit too new looking so I brushed a bit of thinned umber on the frames.

Then the problem started to show
Since I decided on the color combination I noticed that almost all the walls had a slight bow in them but when I stained the inside, the bow became more pronounced.

So to correct this I added some extra stringers to the length on the walls, weighting them down with a steel block, by cordless drill and my cordless impact. This time I used Weldbond glue to attach the stringers instead of the Aileen's Tacky glue.

When that was done the walls were flat again. I'll stain the stringers later when the walls go up to ensure that they don't warp again. 

With that I finished installing all the windows and doors.
Just a bit more progress over the last night.

I airbrushed some boxcar red onto the main doors. After that dried I used my handy fiberglass brush to scratch the paint down a bit to knock down the wood 'fuzz' and it also makes a slightly softer tone to the paint. The pair on the left have been worked over by the fiberglass brush, the ones on the right are waiting their turn.

I also brush painted the large door's frames and finished off adding the windows and doors to the office wall.

I painted the office interior in depot buff. I'm thinking of adding a bit more framing around the windows in both the office and enginehouse. I have a feeling that the bottom joint between the windows and wall will have some light leaks when I light it so It's best to fix that now with some stripwood framing.